Scouting Analysis 1
Scouting Analysis 1 is a 2-day course designed for:
- individuals wishing to be initiated in the scouting journey
- scouts and agents
- professional & amateur football coaches and analysts wishing to gain a scouting perspective
- sports journalists
- football professionals in general
Scouting is inextricably linked with complexity and uncertainty due to unpredictability of human beings and football players by extension. There is no absolute truth in football, however giving answers in a series of questions help us shed light on the suitability issue, which is the fundamental question every club faces when recruiting a player.
Some generic questions that can be breaking down into many smaller ones are:
What makes one player successful in one club and not in another?
How clubs can define and compare different levels? In which context do they assess players and how data analysis can assist the process?
Why clubs fail to reach their full potential ?
How important is the relationship dynamics within a team and why the best XI may not result into the best team?
How clubs can prioritize and balance among talent, character, skillset?
How the use of data can inform the decision making?
The 2-day course examines key areas of football scouting from a holistic approach. We delve into fundamental topics in player identification, giving the opportunity to attendees to practice with the best scouting tools and enhance their skillset.
When : 2-3 June
Where : Impact Hub Athens
Course Length: 16 hours in 2 days
(*Spaces will be limited)
- Introduction to Scouting (notions of field & technical scouting, multidimensional profile of a scout, how clubs orchestrate their scouting operations)
- Report Creation (Structure of reporting, key aspects in player evaluation, creating rating systems according to position)
- Video Profiling (Importance of game selection, distinguishing the signal from the noise, editing & presenting customized video analysis)
- Wyscout Presentation (Introduction of the professional football platform)
- Video & reporting task (Case Study from European league)
- Non Performance Intelligence (Qualitative research for Biographical, contractual, cultural and psychological parameters, social media as valuable scouting tool)
- Statistical Profiling (Identify playing styles, create KPI’s and statistically compare player performances)
- Guest speaker (“Red Bull Academy recruitment-how to detect talent” Ernst Tanner)
- Guest speaker (“ The art of the transfer deal” Sancho Freitas)
- Guest speaker (“ Differences between live & video Scouting “ Marco Fumagalli)
A player profiling task will give the opportunity to apply in a creative manner the knowledge gained throughout the course.
- Certificate of completion
- Free wyscout account for 2 weeks
- Networking opportunities
- Lunch and soft drinks
We strongly encourage attendees to bring a laptop in order to make full use of the practical aspects of the course.
Dress code: smart casual
Mariela Nisotaki : Technical Scout Norwich City FC
Mariela has started her career in football as a youth coach before completing her MSc in Sports Performance Analysis. She joined Swansea City FC as 1st Team Performance Analyst and then undertook a Head of Performance Analysis role with Atromitos FC. She followed her passion for scouting and currently holds a senior technical scout role with Norwich City FC.
Vasilis has several scientific papers and presentations on match analysis in football. Since 2010 has been working as match analyst and scout in various Greek Superleague clubs and the last four seasons at Panathinaikos FC.He is an Accredited Performance Analyst (Level 4) from International Society of Performance Analysis of Sport and holds UEFA A coaching diploma.
Beri Pardo: Former Head of Recruitment Analysis Crystal Palace FC
Beri holds a MSc in Sports Management from University of Birkbeck and is an UEFA A candidate. He combines coaching, tactical analysis & technical scouting expertise where he held roles with Galatasaray as youth coach and Crystal Palace and Trabzonspor as Head of Recruitment Analysis. Beri has excellent ability in analyzing data sets and transforming them into football context.
Harry Louris : Scouting consultant
Harry has held various scouting roles from upper academy until senior level. He has worked as chief scout for Panionios FC & has significant experience in International Scouting with Norwich City FC and Trabzonspor. He will examine the importance of non performance intelligence in modern scouting.
Leonidas is the owner of Credexperto & Co sports management company and the area manager of Greece & Cyprus on behalf of Wyscout. He has experience on football management, video analysis and data implementation in the field of sports from working with some of the leading companies in the industry.
Ernst Tanner : Academy Director RB Salzburg
After graduating from Cologne Sportshochschule Mr. Tanner held various executive roles with Munchen 1860 & TGS Hoffenheim. He has over 20 year’s management practice in soccer from bottom to top level. Well-known as one of Germany‘s top talent scout and developer, Mr. Tanner possesses great abilities in analysing, conceptualising and structuring processes in soccer.
Sancho Freitas : Football Consultant Base Soccer
Mr. Freitas has graduated from Coimbra Business School. He has held a CFO role with CS Maritimo and his latest club role was Advisor to the president at Sporting Lisbon. Since then, he has been consulting Base Soccer and has transferred high calibre players to/from top European clubs.
Marco is a UEFA A Coach with experience in several Countries. He recently held the role of Assistant Coach – Tactical Analyst in Al Nasr (UAE) and Valencia CF. He was previously employed as Head of Sport Performance Analysis in FC Internazionale Milano and Chief Analyst in Galatasaray SK. Marco has a particular interest in the tactical aspect of the game and its correlation with big data.